Wednesday 30 January 2013

Trailer Sound Effects.

As well as music, sound effects are extremely important in making a trailer effective. After watching several trailers, I noticed that the majority of them used screams and deep bass rumbles, so I found free samples of these sounds online to use in our trailer. I also used a radio effect and TV static effect as they fit with our film narrative and reflect the Slenderman legend. I used a raising high pitched noise at points in the trailer as it is extremely uncomfortable to listen to and creates huge tension.


Although for most of the trailer the sound from the raw video files was muted, there were some shots that needed their original sound, such as heavy breathing. In order to do this and still be able to edit these clips (eg cutting between different angles/viewpoints), I had to first detach the audio from the clip.



This allowed me to cut between different shots of the same scene without disrupting the audio.

I recorded people talking to go at the opening of our trailer and used a telephone effect to make it sound like they are speaking on a radio or telephone, as if they are being interviewed about their experiences with Slenderman. I did this using a program called Logic Pro, before exporting the sound files and importing them into iMovie. 









No comments:

Post a Comment