Tuesday 20 November 2012

Her Body, Himself: Gender in the Slasher Film - Carol J. Clover

I have been reading an article by Carol J. Clover called 'Her Body, Himself' which explores the Final Girl theory within Horror films, particularly in the Slasher subgenre. From this article I learned that the killers in slasher films are often extremely complex characters. They are not just men who enjoy murdering people, but individuals that often have deeply disturbing and scarring pasts. Although they are male on the surface, they often have a vulnerability about them that suggests they might represent femininity rather than masculinity. Although I did find it very interesting, I find myself disagreeing with this article on quite a few occasions, as it seems to contradict itself a lot, analysing the Final Girl theory from absolutely every angle and viewpoint and never really reaching a real conclusion.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. buy dvd stranger things season 1

    ReplyDelete