Tuesday 20 November 2012

Useful Conventions and Theories.

I have researched numerous theories and conventions both in and out of class, and I hope that I can use them to help me create a high quality horror trailer. My favourite theory that we have learned about is the Final Girl theory, as I can relate it to almost every horror film I watch and it has made me realise how important the convention of the final girl is.
Slasher films such as Psycho and Halloween have influenced me a lot as I realise you do not need to have a lot of onscreen gore in order to make a movie scary, you can achieve it through suggestion, which will help a lot with my trailer as I will not have a huge budget to spend on special effects, so creating fear through suggestion and things that people do not see on screen will be a very effective technique.
I will definitely not be using any kind of villain that will be difficult to use effectively, such as a ghost, so I think it would be better to use a slasher villain, or like in 'The Blair Witch Project', not show the villain at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment