Friday 7 December 2012

Test Shots - Conversation.



In our trailer, we are hoping to include a small conversation, one a lot shorter than the example in this video. I knew previously that a shot reverse shot is often used to effectively film scenes including conversations, so I decided that it would be wise to practice this method so we can use it in our trailer to make it seem more professional. I asked two volunteers to talk about something while I filmed them from various angles, starting with a two shot including both subjects, then zooming up on each subject's face, then filming over the shoulder of one subject and finally switching to film over the shoulder of the other. Once I had my raw footage, I used iMovie to edit it all together and add music and sound effects. I decided to include a fake conversation sound effect, as the conditions in which I was filming were not quiet enough to pick up any real conversation without interference. I may at a later date ask my volunteers to come back and record over the film with the iMovie narration tool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment